Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bubble Wrap?


I was at a birthday party for my niece tonight. My niece received a whole lot o' presents. One of those gifts were wrapped in bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is included with the more delicate gifts to ensure a safe trip from factory to the recipient. Her older sister quickly claimed the bubble wrap, and began popping each individual air bubble. After a few minutes of concentrated popping she looked up and asked me " What's up with bubble wrap?" I had no answer. I knew what she was saying. Many a time I've found myself attentively popping bubble wrap for no good reason at all. I don't have a problem with bubble wrap, yet every time I see it I become a cold and calculating air bubble killer. What is the crime that bubble wrap has committed against humanity that we can't stand seeing it whole and complete, free of popped bubbles?

No comments: