Thursday, December 6, 2007

Why do old people and babies wake up so early?


It has been my experience that old people and babies wake up at ungodly hours. Regardless if it is 3am, 4am, or 2:37 am, no hour is too strange for them to wake up and be bright eyed and bushy tailed. My theory is this: Babies are brand new to the game, have no responsibilities, and get a kick out of waking their parents up, being fed, burped, and going back to sleep (the life!). The older people represent a different perspective on things. They have been there, done that, and see the light at the end of the tunnel. They wake up because they are not guaranteed another day..they wake up..take stock of the situation..and shout " take that motherfuckers!..I ain't dead!..let's get this day started." Personally, I noticed that I have been waking up a lot earlier than my younger days..has the trend started already?

No comments: